Hey — I’m looking for a job/gigs, and here’s my resume. Can you help?
Any helpful connections, context, contacts, etc. would be appreciated. If you don’t really know of anything, maybe refer some people to my LinkedIn page if you feel so inclined.
Edward (Ted) Bauer
860–967–7667 * firstname.lastname@example.org
1701 Rogers Road #603 * Fort Worth, TX 76107
Freelance copywriter across a variety of industries at present. Would be open to full-time or agency roles.
Writing, Editing, Blogging, Copywriting, Content Marketing, Social Media Management, Social Media Strategy, CMS, SEO, CRM, Google Analytics, Omniture, WordPress, Sitecore, Content Editor, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Radian6, HootSuite, Buffer, ExactTarget, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Final Cut Pro, AVID, Podcasting, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Google suite.
University of Minnesota, Masters-Organizational Development (2014)
Georgetown University, Bachelors-Psychology/Sociology (2003)
Freelance Marketer/Copywriter Fort Worth, TX
Self-Employed November 2015-Present
- What: Copywriting, ghostwriting, editing, and marketing services for 10–15 clients.
- Projects: Varied, but typically B2B copywriting and marketing help (emails, sales documents, etc.) Can provide samples.
Virtuoso Fort Worth, TX
Content/Digital Marketing Manager July 2014-November 2015
- What: Full-time marketing job with luxury travel company.
- Projects: Writer/editor for two magazines (Virtuoso Life and Virtuoso Traveler); manager of homepage content, print-to-digital strategy, consumer acquisition and lead generation messaging.
McKesson Corporation Various Locations
Content Specialist June 2013-August 2013
- What: This was designed as a contract (12-week) role in the summer between my two years of business school.
- Projects: Project lead on overhaul of McKesson Specialty Health Intranet serving 12K employees; worked with multiple teams to overhaul the content and feel of that site to directly tie it back to business needs/purposes. Also wrote, edited, and designed multiple trainings for oncologists on establishing the proper workplace culture (that project was something I took on because of extra capacity, and ended up being presented at two national conferences). Finally, crafted white papers on employee engagement/motivation strategies, especially across the first 18 months.
University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN
Content + Social Media Specialist August 2012-June 2013
- What: This was a 20–30 hours/week job I held while also enrolled as a full-time graduate student for the 2012–2013 academic year.
- Projects: Jack-of-all-trades role involving social media strategy and management for Carlson School graduate programs, conference planning, and working with professors/students on content development. Managed to increase Facebook, Twitter and YouTube reach by over 300 percent on each platform, in addition to helping boost applications for several programs (a key metric for the university). Also planned several Student Orientation events and grad school student/professional mentor partnerships and events.
PBS New York City, NY
Web Producer + Content + Social Media February 2011-August 2012
- What: Full-time job working with PBS, primarily on website content development (and upkeep) and social media strategy and management.
- Projects: Managed all social media and new web content related to education space; managed to grow primary social channels by over 1200 percent across two years, including introduction of YouTube, Google+, Instagram and other channels that hadn’t previously existed. Wrote and edited website content and developed new content, including “Why I Teach” blog and “The Latest” blog to allow viewers to access content more directly. Also managed email marketing campaigns — regarding program air dates, fundraising drives, etc. — during this period (achieving an average 37% open rate), as well as all web analytics (Google Analytics) reporting and presentations.
ESPN Bristol, CT/New York, NY
Associate Producer/Editor + Content/Social June 2005-February 2011
- What: Full-time job that began on TV production side in Bristol (2005–2007) working with highlights, segment production, SportsCenter and other shows; job transitioned to NYC (2007–2011) with a greater focus on digital writing, editing, homepage management and analytics.
- Projects: Diverse array, including managing ESPN.com homepage for audience of 40 million+/month; analyzing and reporting analytics (Omniture) to senior management; writing and editing multiple blog posts, premium content posts, and more in a given day (4–12 per day); writing and editing video scripts; managing A Season in the Stands college football content project in 2008 including corporate sponsor Slingbox; and helping ESPN The Magazine launch their social presence (Facebook, Twitter, iPad, etc.)
Teach for America Houston, TX
Second/Third Grade Teacher June 2003-June 2005
- What: Full-time job teaching in Houston Independent School District as part of a nationally-selected corps of recent top college graduates.
- Projects: Taught math, reading, science, social studies and more to classes of 24+ in NE Houston (99 percent free or reduced price lunch); managed multiple school committees (Cinco de Mayo, Dismissal, Safety); coordinated school’s first-ever College Week (series of events about the value of going to college); came in second as Teacher of the Year in 2004–2005 school year.
Available upon request.